Real Life Readiness


What is a lease?
How do I fill out a rental application?
How do I make a budget?
How do I open a checking or savings account?
How do I build good credit and why do I care?
Where do I go to find help?
How do I apply for a job?
How can I manage stress?
What do I want to do as a career?
What are my legal rights as a minor?
What do I look for in a used car?
What is a cover letter?
What is assertive communication?
How much money do I need to make to live the way I want?
How do I find an apartment?

Real Life Readiness includes having the knowledge, attitude, techniques, strategies, and skills it takes to live independently as an adult. This course is designed to explore topics that surround becoming independent and make the student more confident and self-sufficient.

Grading:
Grading will break down in the following way:
Attendance/Participation: 10 points a day for being to class on time and staying the full period. Good participation includes being alert, completing assignments and being active in group discussions. Due to the fact that a lot of the topics are covered with activities and discussion, attendance is very important to learning the material and earning your credit.
Assignments: Assignments will vary from topic to topic. Each assignment will be worth 10 points.